Swiss Re is the largest reinsurer in the world. The company offers security based on more than four decades of underwriting expertise to deliver standard-setting E&O insurance. By working with independent agents, Swiss Re continually examines and refines the coverages that agents rely on to protect themselves. As an A+-rated company, Swiss Re is efficient, agent responsive and competitive. One hallmark of the IIAW E&O coverage is the stability of its markets.
The IIAW selects its carrier based on:
- Underwriting Stability. Swiss Re's stability is backed up with consistency in policy terms and conditions regardless of market cycles.
- Solvency. An A.M. Best rating of "A+" verifies Swiss Re's strong financial viability.
- Rating. Because the program is nationally-endorsed by the IIABA, collectively rates over time are going to be more stable. The program also contributes valuable revenue to keep dues costs down.
- Coverage. Swiss Re offers you peace of mind knowing you have the broadest coverage available in the marketplace. Size and experience make the company more adaptable to new exposures and keep it ahead of the competition in developing new features.
- Claims Responsiveness. Nearly 3,000 insurance agency E&O claims are adjusted annually. Of those, 33 percent are settled without involvement of outside defense counsel, which keeps costs down and lets you get back to work. Swiss Re's claims staff is 70 percent attorneys, not general adjusters or third-party administrators
- Expertise. Having offered insurance agents E&O for more than 30 years, Swiss Re offers security based upon long-term availability of coverage. The total risk selection among underwriters is 300 years. The claims staff has an average of 13 years experience.
- Value. Up to 40 percent in loss control and claims experience credits is available.
- Ease. Because Swiss Re's underwriting applications are pre-filled after the first year, less time and hassle is involved completing renewal apps. Only four or five questions need responses.
While Swiss Re is our preferred partner, we also have access to additional markets such as Fireman's Fund, First Specialty, and a variety of other surplus lines carriers.
Looking for a specific application or resource? Download our full supplement package for E&O insurance.Next: E&O Supplements